Thursday, December 08, 2005

First Major Snow of the Season!!!

As you can probably tell by the number of exclamation points in that title, I'm very excited about our first major snowfall this winter! We have been expecting this for several days, and it actually seems like it is living up to the hype the forecasters were giving us. At times, this snow has been coming down at around and inch to and inch and a half every hour, and everything just looks so beautiful. We are expecting anywhere between three and six inches, but from what I can tell, we have already hit four inches, and it is only 8:00 PM. This is supposed to continue into Friday morning, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see six or even seven inches by the time all is said and done.

I have been out walking in it a little bit (not too much...Don't want to freeze!) and it really puts me into a festive mood. Being from Knoxville, seeing a big snow like this (and for all of those from Michigan or other northern areas, yes, six inches is big for me) is very rare, and something I haven't seen in many, many years. But why do you love it so much you ask? Well, it is just so beautiful and is so much fun, especially for people my age! Oh, and not to mention the fact that I personally don't have to go out driving in it! All those miserly people (I'm sorry to offend you if you are one of those) are complaining about having to go out in the weather. Well, here's what I have to say to that: why are you going out anyways?! Already there have been several wrecks and backups on the Interstate, and I do understand that people are trying to get home, but that's not why everyone is out and about. If people would just be more careful and not go out into this kind of weather, we wouldn't have anything to complain about, now would we? That's enough preaching for now.

Well, I'd love to put some pictures up here from around campus, but since it has been so dark I haven't had the chance. Sometime tomorrow morning I'll make sure to take some, and I'll post them then. Until then, I will be enjoying this, and I hope you all are having a good week (it's almost over!!!).

2 comments:

EZ Travel said...

I love the snow too! And we have a lot of it (9" last night). I love to drive in the snow, mostly because there is no one else on the road. Mom (Aunt Paulette) used to be a very good snow driver, but now she is hibernating until the roads are clear.

I hope your final exams and final projects are going OK.

Adrienne said...

When you do venture out would you please mail me a postcard. My fifth grade students are studying the 50 states and looking for postcards from as many as possible. The school info is Horace Mann Elementary 501 E. Acacia Avenue, GLendale, Ca. 91205. Ask your friends and family in other states as well!