Monday, March 12, 2007

And Now I'm Back...

...and a little bit homesick. But, I guess it was inevitable; that short amount of time away from the cold and wind only gave me a glimpse of Spring. Coming back to Cincinnati I found the cold and wind, and later this week, there may even be snow. Highs will be only in the 40s and 50s later this week, and lows in the 20s and 30s. Back in Knoxville, it was a balmy 70 degrees on several afternoons, with lows in the 40s and 50s...now that's what I call Spring. Sure we may have a day or two this week like that here in Cincy, but it won't be long-lived. The weather around here goes up and down like a freakin' see-saw.

All in all, my break was great. I spent time with friends and family, but I also had the opportunity to work a few days (gotta have my monies!). My dad's birthday was the 2nd, and we went out to a steak place in Downtown Knoxville which was great. We also went out for an early birthday lunch for me, since I obviously won't be home later this week. Also that day, my friend and I went to see the new movie 300 (which was excellent by the way), and we then got together with some other friends for dinner. The rest of the time was spent resting and relaxing at home, and boy did that feel good! But all good things must come to an end, as they say, and this was no exception. I got back late last night, and school begins once again.

In other news, my Botany Lab plants are thriving (or at least the ones I made toward the end of the semester). The three Dumbcane cuttings are growing like crazy, and all three either already have leaves, or will have leaves soon. The tallest one is only about three inches tall, but now that they are in their own pots, their growth should take off. Plus, all this extra oxygen in the room can't hurt.

Well, that's really all I have to say today. It's dinner time now (back to that old cafeteria food), so I guess I should wrap this up. It's great to be back to blogging; we'll see how I feel once I get back to classes! Have a great week y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie 300 today and it was very entertaining, at some points inspiring. The display of pectorals, deltoids and abdominus erectus was stupefing, either drawn in or the casting director emptied all the gyms he visited. The points of fighting to be free and that somebody has to die for it was well made. Why Zerxes had to be so big is beyond me. The scene of the tempting could have been taken right out of the bible. When I was young I got all this from comic books and would have been blown away to have seen this in my time. Kids today really have it good.

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday to you. Keep your blogs coming.

I saw scenes from 300 on the Colbert Report and the comic book analogy occured to me too. Since I never read those kinds of comic books, so would I never see that kind of movie on purpose.

And might I say, comic books were picked up or left alone by choice. These movies invade your life in commercials and snippits on other shows whether you like it or not. NOT, thank you.

paulette said...

I did the previous commend as annonymous because I hadn't realized that I was not signed in and if I had navigated away from the page to sign in I would have lost the comment. Sorry.