Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

Yesterday I did something that I had yet to do while here at Xavier: attend the Labor Day fireworks in Downtown Cincinnati. Boy, was I glad I went this year! I have been to fireworks shows in Knoxville, and a very cool laser/fireworks show at Stone Mountain in Georgia, but this was something else. These fireworks lasted approximately 40 minutes, and they were spectacular to say the least! I was fortunate that Xavier rented buses to take us Downtown, and very fortunate to find a great spot on the Riverfront that faced the fireworks. I took a few pictures, and here are the ones that turned out the best.








Unfortunately, my camera's batteries ran out before the Grand Finale, but that was definitely the best part. They pulled out all the stops on that one, shooting off rocket after rocket with brilliant colors everywhere. This was truly a remarkable experience that I will never forget.

2 comments:

Marcel said...

It surprises me that your camera can take such great pictures. What kind do you have?

Sean M. said...

I have an HP Photosmart 733 digital camera. I bought it about four years ago, but it still works great. I had to learn how to take good pictures, though, since the technology is only as good as the person who uses it. For example, I had to learn that in order to take good pictures outdoors at night, I must turn off the flash. However, I must also hold the camera very, very still, or else the picture will turn out blurry. That's a lot to take into consideration, but it really produces good results.