Sunday, May 03, 2009

You're Invited

Some of you out there have received "official" invitations in the mail; however, since I have limited resources and could not send graduation invitations to all my happy blog buddies, I wanted to post this electronically scanned copy here.




So, you're all invited!

Of course I don't expect that you will all fly in from your various corners of the world to attend said occasion. Also I don't want anyone to feel pressured/obliged to send cards, gifts, etc. While such things are much appreciated, I just wanted to post this on-line to make sure no one felt "left out." So, feel included!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank every one of my readers for the last four years that I have been blogging on here. I wasn't really sure how to do the whole blog thing, but from very helpful and critical comments, I have been able to relate to my audience while preserving myself and my own interests in my posts. Some of you have been around for the entire four years, while some of you may have only started reading my blog. No matter what the case may be, thank you for your kind comments, and especially for just taking the time to read what I have to say. You really don't know how much I appreciate that.

At any rate, the happy occasion of my graduation from Xavier will take place on May 16th. Until that time, I have five final exams to take this week, and a senior thesis to write about my research. Next week is a completely laid-back week, since there will be nothing for me to do but relax! And, well, of course, reflect on my last four years here.
Thank you all again for your readership and your feedback. I will continue to blog for many years to come, and I hope you will keep coming back for more.

6 comments:

Marcel said...

Oh come on! After four years of education, and observing this milestone, this is the best you can do? Everybody will want to know what you plan on doing now. What comes after the week of relaxing? What is your dream? What aspirations do you have? Inquiring minds want to know.

John Beauregard said...

Congratulations Sean.
With your attitude, intelligence and work ethic I suspect you will succeed at whatever you decide to do next.

Even though we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum I respect you and I believe eventually you will see the fallacy of liberalism after you get away from the current liberal environment. That's what happened to me 29 years ago.

I regret that we are unable to attend your graduation because we are cutting back on all non-essential expenses. Last year we paid 3 of every 10 dollars we earned on social security and Boeing pension to federal and state taxes. Our President thinks we are under-taxed and plans to raise our taxes drastically next year by letting our Bush tax cuts expire and greatly increasing our electric rates to pay for the "man made" global warming scam.

I regret that you and your peers will be greatly handicapped by the excesses of this administration. As a result, you will not have the opportunities to succeed that we had.
Good Luck.

Sean M. said...

Haha, sorry Grandpa and all the others that are inquiring minds. Think of this post as the cliffhanger right before the commercial break. Once I'm done studying for finals, taking the finals, and writing my thesis, I'll have time to write a new post.

My next post will be the answer to the following question:

"Sean, you've just graduated from Xavier. What are you going to do next?!?"

And no the answer is not going to be "I'm going to Disney World!"

KathrynVH said...

Because you really want to go to Disneyland--We have a pull out bed (very comfy) any time you feel like checking out sunny California.

Congratulations and good luck on your finals. I have so enjoyed your blog--I really hope that the next chapter of your life allows you to continue to share with all of us.

Tarren Prange said...

Congratulations Sean!

Tim B. said...

Dude!
Sweet!


Congraduations!