Wednesday, September 07, 2005

U.S. Open and Other Rantings

Hello all! I really don't have anything new to report about school yet, so I guess this will be just another one of those messages. Classes started again on Tuesday after the Labor Day Holiday, so this week should be pretty easy for me. I'll post anything interesting that happens during this week.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been paying a lot of attention to the U.S. Open on T.V. lately. Now, as you already know, I happen to be a tennis player, so watching this is both for entertainment and for picking up new techniques. Lately I have been watching both men's and women's matches, and both are turning out to be very exciting and intense. The most recent match that I watched in its entirety was the Clijsters/Venus Williams match last night. I must say, that was one of the most intense matches I have ever seen! For the first set and the first part of the second set, Venus seemed to be in control, but she started to fade a little by the end of the second set. Kim Clijsters took advantage of this and stepped up her game to take Venus out. Now, I don't know if you have seem Clijsters play, but she is very fast and very flexible. She was able to do splits in order to hit the far shots, and this allowed her to whip Venus' tail! It was an awesome match, and I know that she will do well in this tournament.

As for the men's side, I have been following Andre Agassi in apparently his twentieth U.S. Open, and he seems to be doing very well for someone of his age. Apparently 35 in the tennis world is ancient, so this is very good for him! I also usually follow Andy Roddick, but he was out in the first round unfortunately. So, now my attention has turned to the other American players still in play. Actually, I am currently watching the Ginepri/Coria match, with Ginepri being one of the few Americans left. I am hoping that the Americans can keep it going and finally take the U.S. Open, as it should be.

As for the rest of my life, it is rather uneventful. I have been spending my time doing homework, playing on the computer, and watching these matches on T.V. No new news on my car yet, but that should be resolved here in a week or so. Of course, I'll let y'all know what happens. Until later, have a great four-day work week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean:

We watched the tennis matches too, and came to the conclusion that Roger Federer and you look alike. How about that for a compliment, now only if you could play like him right?
It was a good game and Agassi gave it his all.

Love,
Grandma