Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's Independence Day

Speaking as a member of "that" generation, you know, the one that isn't thankful or respectful of anything, I am truly thankful to live in this country. I can only imagine living in a country where certain things we take as normal or given are absent from one's life. The basic freedoms we have here and the people we have protecting them make me proud to live here. And I have one more thing to be thankful for today: having the day off from work! I will be able to spend the time relaxing with my family and enjoying some good grill-out food. Bon Apetit!

How is everyone else spending their holiday? I'm guessing some of my relatives will still be cruising around the world??? Anyway, here's hoping that every one's holiday is a good one. Happy Fourth of July!

5 comments:

Tim B. said...

I spent a good portion of the day alone and reading. No cookouts, no fireworks.

Did YOU pitch in with the grilling?

Anonymous said...

The book I read on the Fourth Of July was: "The Edge Of Evolution", a book that shows how difficult microbiology is for Darwinists.

If you did not pitch in with the grilling, did you at least lick the grill?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching the fireworks on the Big Screen TV. I love my television set. It's almost like being there.

Grandma

cheryl said...

We went to Stone Mountain for the laser light show and the fireworks. Never do that on the 4th again. Yes, the fireworks and show were worth it however, it was literally body to body, shoulder to shoulder. I have never seen so many people in one place..... ever.....

Never again.... at home on TV is good enough for me again.

Sean M. said...

Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't exactly help with the grilling. I did watch the grilling and ate all that was cooked though!

Oh, and we started out watching all the festivities on TV, but my mom wanted to actually be there. So we drove to downtown Knoxville to listen to the orchestra and watch the fireworks. It was wall-to-wall people, but we found a nice grassy area away from the crowds. Sure, you couldn't see everything up close, but there was a giant big screen where we were, and we could still see the fireworks really well. It was a great experience, though if it were up to me, we would have gone down there earlier.