Monday, November 03, 2008

One Last Time

Today was my final registration day here at Xavier. If you all have seen my previous posts about registration, you will know that this is a most rewarding day for me, as I will not have to do this again here at Xavier! I'd go into all the details of my registration woes again, but I'd pretty much be copying and pasting things that have already happened in the past. In that case, you can just check out the old blogs or simply ask if you are so curious.

At any rate, here are the classes I will be taking next semester:

Introductory Financial Accounting
Neurobiology
Bacteriology
Bacteriology Lab
Methods of Biological Research II
Microeconomics Principles
Philosophy of Religion

I decided since I needed a few electives to graduate that I would take some business classes, hence, the accounting and economics. I have not taken any college business classes, and they have always interested me. I took one semester of Economics in high school, but lack of an adequate teacher left me with little to no knowledge of that subject. As some of you already know, my job at the grocery store is as a bookkeeper; this is not the typical position one thinks of when the word "bookkeeper" is mentioned, but close enough. At any rate, I have become a whiz at our store accounting program, so I wanted to see if this class would elaborate more on what I was actually doing for the store. Plus, I'm sure the information found in those classes would have useful, real-world applications that I will deal with in the future.

As compared to past years, I would say this final registration went much more smoothly. Of course, no registration is without incidence, but I am used to it by now. I'm just glad to finally say, "Thank God it's the last time..."

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

That is quite an eclectic list, what is your major?

Marcel said...

You will enjoy the Accounting, it will come easy for you.