Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What Spring Break???

Last week was my Spring Break, but unfortunately there are a couple of problems with using that phrase for the week I was off from school:

1. It was not Spring.

2. I did not get any real "break."

The end of February and the beginning of March are by no means spring-like. In fact, some of those nights were the coldest it has been this year! Fortunately enough, the last few days I was home on my "break," we had weather in the 60s and 70s, which was a welcome change for me.

I had no real "break" because this time home was a working vacation from school. Of the ten days I was home, seven of those were spent working at Ingles. Of course if you take away the day I arrived and the day I left, I actually worked seven of the eight full 24-hour-days that I was home. What can I say though? I'm a college student nearing graduation that needs moolah!

I did take off from work on Monday the 2nd for my dad's birthday, and the family and I went out for that. I also got together with some friends for lunch one day, and the time I wasn't working I spent at home with whomever was around that day. All in all, it was a productive vacation as far as the income game goes. The school work game...well, let's just say it was a TRUE vacation from school!

3 comments:

Marcel said...

The TV news show view of spring break: drinking beer on the beach, traveling to an exotic location, participating in a huge melee with scantilly clad girls and staying up and carousing all night are for trust fund kids.

I am proud of the way you spent your spring break.

patb said...

Hey, you are the guy that likes snow. What's with the wah, wah, wah about?Please turn off your snow machine. It's been in the 80's here in Fl. Sorry.

Sean M. said...

You're right, I do love the snow. But cold without snow is not fun! Cold with wind and no snow is the worst!