Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ice Storm!

The snow that we had been promised this time around seems to be falling mostly as rain, or at least it has been this afternoon. This is mostly because the temperatures have been above freezing all day, but that is about to change. Right now we are hovering at around 31-32 degrees, and that rain is quickly starting to turn to ice. That makes for some beautiful scenes as the rain turns to ice, especially on the trees. So, as I was coming back from dinner, I got out my camera and took a few pictures. They aren't the best since it was dark, but you can still see the beauty.

I have heard that we should be getting some more snow starting tonight, and that accumulations could be an additional 1-3 inches. I'm not anticipating the university to be closed again, but anything can happen. You can be assured that I will post if this does occur. Enjoy!




3 comments:

Tim B. said...

It's really nice when you can see trees like that in person. Looks like the branches are made of glass.

cheryl said...

I like seeing pictures like this. I like when I'm sitting by a fire or sitting here in GA with our balmy weather and looking at pictures like this. I don't have to go out in it.

Marcel said...

The two top pictures are outstanding with that back lighting. It looks like a movie set.