Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Even Big Kids Love Snow Days

It may be true that in the working world a snow day is an infrequent occurrence, and usually an unwelcome one. Well, here in the academic world, snow days are very welcome, including by the faculty! The students, including myself, enjoy having a day off from classes and studying, if only for a short while.

Some people, not really myself (any more), enjoy playing in the snow. I could be happy just walking around in it and taking pictures, which is lucky for you, since here are the pictures I took on my walk! I'm sure doing snow angels or having a good-natured snowball fight would be fun, but I'm just enjoying the beauty right now. I hope you enjoy it too, and that you can do so from the comfort of either a warm climate or a warm home.












4 comments:

John Beauregard said...

I love viewing your photos from the comfort of my Lazyboy. Many of us in Southern California are so thankful there are people who love snow like you. They don't move to SC. Enjoy the snow.

Adrienne said...

I love the pics! And the snow effect on the blog makes it even more fun. Great job!

ps I am one who still likes to "play" in the snow. If it isn't too too cold.

Tarren Prange said...

Is this unusual for Ohio?

Sean M. said...

Not unusual for Ohio in general, but for Cincinnati that is definitely unusual. We only get on average about a foot of snow every year, so to get 8'' in three days is pretty awesome!