Monday, January 26, 2009

Waiting

The talking heads and the powers-that-be are really hyping the up-coming snow and ice storm that will be causing problems all along the Midwest and the Great Plains. Around here, we are expecting mostly snow tonight with accumulations of 3-4 inches by tomorrow afternoon. Class cancellations for tomorrow? Possible but not probable.

Round two begins Tuesday evening with additional snow accumulations of about 1-2 inches, but the likelihood of seeing ice is much greater. We are expecting from 0.5-1 inch of ice between the two snow events, which as many know will be the more dangerous form of precipitation. Class cancellations for Wednesday? More possible and highly probable.

Obviously if you know me at all, you know that I love the snow (or even the prospects of getting any of it). And, as you already know, I love to take pictures of it and post them on here. So, if the situation warrants itself, and we do indeed receive as much snow as they are hyping, I will do my duty with the picture-taking. I for one will be praying for tons of the white stuff. The class cancellations? Just an added bonus.

No comments: