Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween and Ramblings...

Hello all! I just wanted to start out this post by saying "Happy Halloween!" As you've probably realized by now, I've started putting a "ticker" at the top of my blog, plus at the bottom. I thought that this would add a little more color to the blog, plus give everyone something to look forward to! I guess now that it's Halloween I ought to change it, so look for a brand new one tomorrow.

Well, I've had a few more disappointments lately, mostly from tests and test grades. I earned a low grade on my Chemistry test, like I had predicted, so it wasn't as big of a disappointment since I assumed the worst. But, on the good side, we still have several tests before the end of the year, so I'll have time to bring up my grade. Also, my average for all the tests this semester is in the "B" range, which is still good for a college Chemistry course.

The other test that brought my mood down was my Biology Lab test. I had anticipated a high grade, at least a high "B." It seems like when I try to predict a certain number or letter, I fail to meet that expectation. Maybe from now on I won't try to predict and just wait on the actual grade. Anyway, I got a "C" on this test, which is still okay in my opinion. Again, there are still several tests left in the semester, so I'll have time to bring that grade up some. I had a "B" average in that class for mid-term, so I should be able to keep that if I keep working. I'll talk about that more when something happens.

But, one good thing did happen today. Despite the fact that I got a bad grade on the test, we did do a great experiment in Biology Lab today. We got to start on out fetal pig dissection, and I must say I was very excited! Dissections are some of my favorite parts of Biology, and this is going to be a fun experiment over the next week or so. I'll let everyone know any interesting parts of this, unless there is someone out there that is opposed to such dissections. Just let me know if you are, and I won't mention it.

Well that's really all for now! I'm kind of tired right now, so I'll probably either go to bed or lay down and watch TV. Sorry that this entry didn't contain very much information or detail, but I wrote it in a hurry. I'll write more either tomorrow or Wednesday, whenever I have time. Until then, enjoy Halloween!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Sean, I just read all the way through all of your blogs posted. I have a suggestion for part-time job hunting just prior to the Holidays if you want to go home. Why don't you try an internship in an office using any of the subjects which you are currently studying? Perhaps the library could render some info here. Offices are usually in a festive mood for the season, & not too fussy about taking time off, whereas the retail business is thriving at this time and needs everyone on board.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.