Saturday, September 02, 2006

First Week of Classes and Answers

Well, my first week of Fall classes is now over. There's not really much to report about those, so I will just leave it at that. Suffice it to say that I enjoyed my other classes and that I think it's going to be a very good semester for me.

In other news, I have been battling a cold since I got here on Sunday. I figured that by now it would have subsided, but alas, it comes and goes. I have been taking antihistamines and Tylenol since the onset, not to mention plenty of rest and fluids. However, the rain and fluctuating temperatures in Cincinnati are aggravating this illness. Hopefully within the next couple of days I will discover what to do to successfully rid myself of this cold. For now, I'll drink my OJ and get plenty of rest.

Oh yeah, and I guess you all would like to know the answers to the questions in my last post. To date, I have only had one person (Uncle Tim) attempt to answer my questions, and that is a bit disappointing... Is this something that we want to continue in the future? I promise that other questions won't take as much research involved! But anyways, just let me know if this is something you wish to see again in future posts. (Remember that I have several courses from which to find material!) Here are the answers to the previous post:

1. roots, stem, and leaves
2. Chlorophyll, green
3. Xylem and phloem
4. dermal, ground, and vascular
5. petiole
6. node

Did anyone get close to these answers?

Well, I guess I should get back to treating my cold and watching my tennis. I just watched another amazing match by Agassi; I'm not sure what round it was, but it was against James Blake, and he beat him in the fifth set tiebreak. I hope to hear from all of you soon, and wish me luck on defeating my nemesis. Have a great Labor Day weekend!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I'm not even going to try to answer any of your questions. I'm glad you're getting a chance to see what an icon Agassi is to tennis.

Anonymous said...

The Blake match was from last year. One for you: What is an apickle meristem?

paulette said...

I knew roots and stem but not leaves and I knew chlorophyl.

As for your cold, I advocate massive doses of vitamin C. Its something that you can't overdose on because your body gets rid of any it doesn't use.

At first signs of a cold I start taking 2000 mg of vitamin C 2 or 3 times a day along with tylenol and fluids.

Adrienne said...

I too have been battling a horrid summer cold. Mine has gone for about 2 weeks now, hopefully you will defeat yours sooner than tht!