Monday, December 11, 2006

Last Full Week of Classes

In case you all didn't see my comment on my last post, I finally got the other pictures posted. Apparently I can't post my pictures to the center of the page, so I had to align them to the side. It still works, and it actually takes up less space since the text wraps around the picture so nicely.

This week marks the official end of the Fall Semester, so all my classes are getting ready for that big finish. This week will be filled with reviews and putting together those loose ends in the learning process, among other things. I had the first part of a two-part Calculus test today (the other part being on Wednesday), I have a final Chemistry Lab test tomorrow, and an English paper due on Friday. But even though classes will be technically over, there are still finals to take next week. Here's what my exam schedule looks like next week:

Monday - Sociology and Organic Chemistry
Tuesday - Botany Lab
Wednesday - Botany lecture, Calculus, and English

Yep, Wednesday is going to be a very busy day! But at least I will be going home afterwards, so I will have something to look forward to. The one thing that bothers me about this is that normally you don't take finals for lab courses. Well, my Botany professor thought otherwise, so she decided to create another test to take during finals week. However, the good thing about her exams is that they are not cumulative/comprehensive, so there will not be a whole lot of material on there.

After exams are over, I'm homeward bound! Here's a question for everyone: when is everyone else getting out of school for Christmas? My friends back home are getting out this week after finals, and going back the same week in January as I am (week of the 16th). That means they get out a week early and go back at the same time! What's up with that? There are others that get out this week and go back a week earlier, which I think is more fair. What do you think? Isn't this cutting close to the Christmas holiday?

Well, I need to get to studying for my Chemistry Lab test. Luckily this test isn't cumulative either, so it should not be too hard. I will talk to y'all later!

10 comments:

marty said...

When I'm getting out of school for Christmas break is something that I just don't have the time to keep track of.

There was a time when that mattered ( a lot)but, no more.

Anonymous said...

Some of us just don't get out of school for any break. But...good luck on your exams. See you on your Christmas break.

paulette said...

I just noticed from the timeline above your blog that there are 12 days till christmas.

I will be looking for my partridge in a pear tree today.

P.S. they wouldn't let me comment here without opening a google account

Anonymous said...

(Having trouble logging in for comments)

Aunt P.,

Funny you should say that. I was trying to explain some things to JP the other day and the "12 Days of Christmas" came up. I thought I had heard that Christmas Day was the first day of Christmas, so THAT is when you would get your partridge.

So I looked it up and had an Epiphany (pun intended).
http://www.crivoice.org/cyepiph.html
confirmed what I thought. Dec 25 is the dirst day and Jan 5 is the 12th day.

I am not saying all this to point out that you are wrong...just enjoyed the timing of your comment.

Tim B. said...

Test

Sean M. said...

I switched my blog over to the new Blogger in Beta, and apparently that is causing problems with commenting. You don't have to create a Google name if you don't want to. All you need to do is to sign into Blogger as if you were going to do something with your own blog. Then go to my page (or anyone's page) and you won't have to sign in when you comment. It will already be signed in, and all you'll have to do is the word verification and publish comment. Does that work?

Gretchen said...

Nope that doesn't work, i tried that a couple of times. When you go to a new beta blog, your user information disappears. I tried their blogger help and the best solution I could come up with was to create a google account.

Sean M. said...

I don't understand... It says you can use your Blogger account to leave comments! I don't know what to tell y'all, but I'm sure it'll either resolve itself or we'll figure it out. All I can say is that I should have left well enough alone, and kept my old setup.

paulette said...

Thanks, Tim. You must be right because sure enough, my partridge never showed up.

cheryl said...

You have to have a pear tree for the partridge to show up. Do you have one?