Sunday, May 06, 2007

Go, You Chicken Fat, Go!



I was looking around on YouTube the other day and found this. I was first introduced to the song a few summers ago, and Uncle Tim and I made reference to it in one of his previous blogs. It's quite a catchy song, so I thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

This was a song written by Meredith Wilson (know for also writing "The Music Man") as a sort of theme song for President Kennedy's fitness program in the 60's. My aunts and uncles apparently remember hearing this song back in the day, as it was used in physical education classes. Has anyone else ever heard/seen this?

Well, enjoy, and if you're into it, try out the exercise routine!

7 comments:

Tim B. said...

LOL, what a silly farce.

Funny to watch Dinah Shore and the other lady not actually DOING the exercises, just prancing around.

cheryl said...

Hey! we used to have to do the excercises, of course then, we were in elementary school.

paulette said...

OK, now that I've watched I need to know the name of the other lady. The ones that come to my mind are Jane Wyatt, Polly Bergan. Who is she.

Sean M. said...

According to the person who posted the video on YouTube, the two ladies are Dinah Shore (we've established that) and Nanette Fabray. I've never heard of the latter, but I assume she was/is famous.

paulette said...

Yes, Nannette Fabray. I remember her well, sort of the Kathy Griffin (D List) of her times.

Interesting piece about her, our cousin John Robert claims that he once dated her under her real name of Nicole Brooks.

Tim B. said...

I knew she looked familar but I wouldn't have come up with her name on my own.

cheryl said...

ok, showes who the young pups are...those who do not know who Nanette Fabray is.