Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's That Time

Registration time that is...

Today was my day to register for classes for the Spring 2008 semester. If you have been reading my blogs for a while, you will remember how much I hate, HATE registration days! Well, this one was like all the others, except only to a lesser extent. I got most of the classes I wanted; there was one that I wanted to take but couldn't, because I had to take a different section of a lab that would have conflicted with the time. I was shocked to find earlier today that all the lab sections for Genetics had been filled before the lecture had been filled. Later I discovered that they added spots in each lab section, giving me the impression that someone had made a mistake. A BIG one... So, it worked in my favor that they changed the number of seats, since I was able to register!

So, here's what I will be taking next semester:

Genetics
Genetics Lab

U.S. History II
College Physics II
Introductory Physics Lab II
Introduction to Christian Scriptures

I will be most interested in the Genetics and Scripture classes. I have had some background in Genetics from high school, but nothing compared to what I'm sure I will experience here. Also in high school, we were required to take Scripture our Sophomore year, but that class focused mainly on the Old Testament. I will be interested to go more in-depth into the New Testament, since I have relatively little experience, outside of what I have read and heard at Mass over my lifetime. What do y'all think???

5 comments:

cheryl said...

I liked history the best. Ancient, World, and US. Your mother liked the Sciences.

Marcel said...

So you have had American History I. Did you find out that many of our founders were Christian ministers? Or, did they sluff over that fact.

Tim B. said...

You hate, HATE it...really?

Marcel said...

When I attended the University of Detroit, a Jesuit college, all students were required to take the "Apollegtics" course. This was the proof that the Catholic Church was the true Church as shown be scripture. Is that what your class truned out to be?

Sean M. said...

Sorry that I have not answered your questions, Grandpa, so here goes:

They did not mention that they were Christian ministers in my history class. However, we did discuss several conspiracy theories about the founding fathers, such as the writing of propaganda. Apparently the media, etc. made things out to be much worse than they actually were, which created more sentiment for the revolutionaries. Very interesting stuff... But then again, if it hadn't happened, we may not be where we are today.

As far as my Theology class goes, it is actually focused on bridging the gap between science and religion. The title of it is "Theology and Ecology," so we have been focusing a lot on environmental issues. My class next semester will be primarily about Scripture, but I have a feeling there will be some other information thrown in there somewhere.