Saturday, January 30, 2010

God's Country

It's no secret to anyone that I am a snow lover. This is unfortunate because I live in the South, and snow is hard to come by most of the time. However, we get these few instances when the temperature is right and a good storm system moves in to produce that glorious precipitation!

This occurred just last night, and of course I couldn't have been more excited. The tricky part about this snowstorm was that I was at work while it was snowing, and this area is not equipped to deal with ice and snow as well as others. There are several hills between where I work and where we live, so that would become difficult should the roads ice over. Luckily, we received only a little bit of ice, and I was able to maneuver all the hills easily; I was born to drive in the snow! (That's snow, NOT ice...)

I was also fortunate to have Saturday and Sunday off this week, so I am able to enjoy all the beauty from the comfort of home. And what would a good snowstorm be without a few pictures, you say? My sentiments exactly, so enjoy!

4 comments:

John Beauregard said...

Thanks for the great photos. You are good at photography. These remind me a little of Ansel Adams work.
Like you, your aunt Nancy and I enjoy snow but from afar. We see beautiful snow covered mountains almost every winter day from our living room. Snow would be much more enjoyable if it did not come with cold and dampness.
Enjoy living and laughing it up.

Pat said...

Whew, just looking at those pictures made me want a nice cup of hot chocolate.Glad you love it, and I don't have to put up with it.

Marcel said...

Nice pictures, especially when opened up to cover the full screen.

Pat said...

I have a feeling that if you had to shovel a wide long driveway of heavy wet snow, you would begin to think differently.