Thursday, August 11, 2011

Family Vacation

Well, it's only taken me a week and a half, but it's time to blog about our vacation! I think I'll take a page out of Kathy's book and separate each experience into a separate post, in this case each individual day. There were seven days of vacation and family reunion, so look for seven new posts coming up!

Just to give a bit of background on the reunion itself: there were four generations of people all together, and it was great to have so much family all in one place. Here are the four generations:


1st: Marcel and Pat
2nd: Karen & Steve, Cheryl & Scott, Duane & Debbie, Dawn & Mark, Tim
3rd: Sean (me), Tracy & Robert, Amber, Kelly & Paul, Tarren & Pete, Jean Pierre
4th: Alex, Aaron, Micah, Lucas, Grace

While it was great to see all these people, there were several notable absences. My brother, Ryan, did not attend, and none of my aunt Cheryl's children were there. My cousin Duane and his family had prior engagements, and also did not attend. My mom's youngest sister, my aunt Colleen, went Home to be with the Lord several years ago; her children all live in California and did not attend. But we also had the blessing of having family visitors: John Gaughn and his grandson Austin joined us for a few days, so we had a bit of extended family present!

Look for my other vacation posts coming soon. I'm hoping to get those cranked out in the next week, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Marcel said...

I like it so far.

KathrynVH said...

I can't wait to read the next chapter. I'm so glad that John joined you guys.

Anonymous said...

Great survey, I like your article.

Bread Machine click here