Friday, September 02, 2005

Correction, Pictures, and Venting for Today

Hello all! I just wanted to clarify something from my entry yesterday. I think I might have mentioned being in school for just a week, but that was in error. I have actually been in school for two weeks now, so I just wanted to clarify that for everyone who, like me, is somewhat of a perfectionist.

Oh, and I just found out how to add pictures to this blog, so I will go ahead and add a few. I took a few snapshots from around my dorm room just to show everyone what kind of environment I am in right now.

:Here is a picture of my bed. My roommate decided that in order to maximize area in out room, it would be best to bunk the beds. I decided on the top one, since when I was younger, that was the one I slept on at home. As you can see, it is very well made, at least by my standards!
:Here is a picture of my very organized desk, equipped with a laptop computer, all-in-one printer, shelves, class book, and various nick nacks I added to take up the extra space. I'm hoping to add a few more personal effects some time in the future, but for now, there are no pictures or reminders of home.
:Here is a picture that contains two components of the room. On the upper shelves rests the TV, VCR/DVD, stereo/surround sound system, and the microwave. The drawers and closet actually belong to my roommate, but mine are exactly the same. Funny fact, though, there are actually three closets, so each of us has one and we share the middle one.
:And finally, here is a sort of panorama from the door of the dorm room. In the forground are the bunk beds, and if you look carefully in the back, you can see the compact refrigerator on the floor. Also to the side, again you see my desk. Though this is definitely not home, I try to make it feel like it as much as I can.

Well, on to other details. Like most of America, I have been watching all the stories about New Orleans and the other Southern cities affected by Hurricane Katrina. I just have to say that it really saddens me to seee these people suffering and dying in the streets, and the government isn't moving fast enough to help them! Americans are being more than generous with telethons and fund-raisers, but it seems like those that are in need are not getting those necesities. I really don't know what to do except to pray that everything will work out all right. I hope that you all can join me in that, and donate to those rescue missions if you fell so inclined.

As for the rest of my life, you'll just have to wait for tomorrow, as writing this has made me very tired. I will most assuredly write more concerning the Hurrican Relief Efforts, as I do have a lot to say, and of course, vent about. Until then, enjoy the long weekend; I know I will be doing A LOT of resting during mine!

No comments: