Sunday, September 04, 2005

Nothing New, Just Felt Like Writing

Well, there's really not anything to report today, but I just wanted to write whatever popped into my mind. Tonight was the Labor Day celebration here in Cincinnati, and part of that is a large fireworks show on the Ohio River. I didn't go to the actual event, but I did watch it on local T.V. It seemed to be bigger than anything I had ever seen before. In Knoxville, where I'm originally from, they have a similar fireworks show on Labor Day, but I think the one here in Cincinnati was on a grander scale. Or at least, it lasted longer than Boomsday in Knoxville. (Boomsday is the name Knoxvillians give to the occasion; it's like a big party that is culminated in fireworks down on the Tennessee River.)

Other than that, there really hasn't been anything interesting happen to me lately. Most of the students here have gone home for the long weekend, including my roommate. So, that means the ones who are left over have very little to do for the weekend. I have just decided to rest as much as I can and do any homework or studying that needs to be done. At least I know I will start the week on Tuesday refreshed and rested!

Well, that's it for now; maybe I'll have something to report tomorrow, or something to vent about. Until then, keep praying for everyone in the Gulf Coast, and do whatever you can to help the relief mission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sean:

Well, here goes again, I'll try to send this like I send the ones to Uncle Tim.

We aren't doing anything this weekend, just like you. I'm not felling too well stomach wise. I just don't know what my problem is. And neither do the doctors for that matter. I feel very nauseous, and jittery.

Glad you are getting rest for the upcoming week. Hang in there.
Love,
Grandma