Tuesday, December 13, 2005

First Three Finals Are Finished

Well as you can tell by the title of this post, my finals are almost finished!!! I took two of them yesterday and one today, and then I will have one more on Thursday. Yesterday morning I took Chemistry, which was probably the final I was most worried about. This class had covered quite a bit of material over the semester, and I hadn't done especially well on some of the previous tests. So, I decided that I would do more studying for this one than any of the others, and let me tell you, it really helped! My professor told us to mainly go over the tests (he had posted the answer keys online), which is exactly what I did. Most of the questions on the final covered the material I had gone over, and anything that I didn't know I was able to skip. This was because we only had to answer 5/7 or 5/6 on the short answer section and 3/4 out of the problem section. This ensured that I would answer the questions I knew the best, and that really worked to my advantage. I feel pretty confident that I did well, so I'll just leave it at that.

Later that afternoon, after lunch of course, I had my Spanish final. Now I've done very well in that class throughout the semester, so I was not too worried about the final. I just had to look over vocabulary, cultural information, and some of the new grammatical structures we learned and I would be all right. So, I did look over all of that briefly, and that's mainly what the final covered. There were a few listening comprehension questions that were a little tricky, but the rest of the exam went just beautifully. I had to conjugate verbs into the different tenses we learned and create my own sentences, which is something I've had to do all throughout high school, so that was no problem. So, I'd have to say that this final also went pretty well.

And finally, so far, I took my Biology final this afternoon. This would be a unique final, because the first part would cover the last two sections we studied, since we didn't have time to test over it individually. The final itself didn't take very much time at all, and the entire test was multiple choice, as all of her tests have been. This covered cell parts, systems of the body, the scientific method, and pretty much any other topic I've mentioned in previous blogs. This exam was tricky in points, but I think overall I did pretty well. Some of the answers helped lighten the mood a little bit, like "with a corn cob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal" and "Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen Rudolph." So, as you can see, my Biology professor has a sense of humor!

Well, tomorrow is my day away from exams, so I will probably sleep in and get everything ready for coming home on Thursday. I will probably put up a post on Thursday or Friday after I get home and tell everyone about my final final: Theology. Until then, hope you are enjoying your week!

3 comments:

EZ Travel said...

Sean, I enjoy reading your posts very much. As a university administrator, who is married to one professor (philosophy) and friends with many more, I can tell you there is nothing we like more than a student who cares. Too often we see students just coasting through classes, doing the absolute minimum to pass.

It is wonderful to hear about university life from a thoughtful, caring student's perspective (a perspective that most of us have not had for many, many years).

Keep up the good work and enjoy your break.

Amanda said...

Sean;

Just wondering if everything is okay... you haven't posted in about a week - so I am just checking in with you.

Have a great rest of the week.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Sean, where have you been? I know you are home, but i havent heard from you in days.