Thursday, February 02, 2006

First Tests of the Semester and Other Updates

Once again I have taken an extended break from blogging, and for that I apologize. Since I last posted, there have been a few developments in my classes and I've actually gone off campus. I guess I'll start with my weekend, since there really wasn't anything interesting from last week to report here. On Saturday, I actually managed to leave campus for a while! After having a long conversation about food with my cousin Amanda (I can't exactly remember why this was a conversation...), I began to crave Chick-fil-A, and the only one of those is at the mall. The closest mall to here is the Kenwood Towne Center, which is about 10 minutes from here. I've only been there on one other occasion (I think I actually did blog about that way back when), and I was hoping that this time it wouldn't be as crowded, given the last time it was before Christmas. Well, I was right about that, and I was actually able to move about in there! I had some of my Chick-fil-A (boy was that good...) and looked around at some of the stores that they have. All in all, I had a very good time for my weekend.

Okay, now for the major part of my post this week: the tests and other upcoming events. I had my first test on Monday, and this one was in Chemistry. I studied as much as I thought was prudent, but I still didn't feel especially confident with the material, since I wasn't sure what kind of problems would be on there. But, I still felt okay about it, since I had some of it before in high school. So, I went in there expecting the worst so that I could maybe have some confidence. Thankfully for me, thinking that way paid off! I got the grade back from that test yesterday, and for the first test of the semester, I think I did pretty well. I got a B, which for not knowing what to expect and the first test of the semester is good in my book. Now I know what his tests are like and I can see how I need to study for tests in the future. Since there are four other tests and a final for this semester, there will be plenty of chances to improve that grade.

The other test that I have this week is in Biology, which is coming up tomorrow afternoon. This one is also the first for this class, so again I really don't know how his tests are going to be set up. This one covers a lot of material, mostly evolutionary theory, population genetics, bacteria, protists, and some animals. So, I guess I will be studying tonight and parts of tomorrow for that test. Since I don't have any classes in between 10:20 AM and 12:30 PM, this will be my time for some studying. I'll let everyone know how it went sometime this weekend.
Well I really should wrap this up and get to other important things, but I'll be sure to post an update on Friday or Saturday. Until then, enjoy the rest of your week, and have a great weekend!

No comments: