Monday, March 27, 2006

Mmmmm...Cinnabon

So, I guess you can all guess what this post is going to be about. No, I'm not going to spend this entire time talking about that delicious, steaming piece of cinnamony goodness covered in cream cheese icing, but it does involve the Cinnabon in part. Let's just start in the beginning...

Saturday was going to be a fairly uneventful day, but after talking to my former co-worker Anna, I began looking at all the malls in the Cincinnati area. Believe it or not, there are at least five of them! Before Saturday, I had only visited the Kenwood Towne Centre, which is the closest mall to where I am. There are four others spaced out around Cincinnati, but most of these are at least 20-30 minutes away, as opposed to the 10-15 that it takes me to get to Kenwood. But I needed a change in scenery, and I just wanted to see what all the hype was about, so this brought me to the Tri-County Mall, which is in Northern Cincinnati. After about 45 minutes (or more) of trying to figure out the highway system here, I arrived, and to my amazement, instantly found a parking spot. Things were already shaping up!

Now this mall is apparently the biggest and most popular in the entire city, so I was a little intimidated at first, but then it really wasn't as crowded as I was anticipating. It was after all around 3:30 PM, so most of the lunch people had left already. Not to mention the fact that it was raining and snowing that day, so I guess most people didn't want to get out that Saturday. But I'm not one to stay in just because of a little weather, so I wasn't bothered at all. I walked around just for a few minutes (in search of the Food Court) and found the Cinnabon right as I walked in! It was tempting me the entire time I was there... I found the Food Court fairly easily, and looked around at my choices. To my surprise, there were only about 7-8 different restaurants in that Food Court, which I found odd since Knoxville's West Town Mall is smaller than this one and yet had twice as many food choices. I chose the pizza place just since it was there and ready to go, and I was starving. That took about ten minutes, and I was back to walking.

I went into a few stores (no purchases this time...What, do you think I'm made of money???) and looked around in general. There were a lot of higher end stores and a few of those specialty shops, then some clothing stores, and finally the anchor department stores (Dillard's, Macy's, Sears, etc.). I just walked up and down the mall a little bit, working up a little sweat before I get the all-important Cinnabon. Now, I had waited enough, and it was calling to me. I know this section might be a little unappealing to my grandfather, so if at any point you wish to scroll down, feel free. HAHAHA (We had a conversation about Cinnabons last summer when I was visiting in Florida. You can ask him about his "Cinnabon Philosophy" sometime later.) So I walked over there and the smell was calling me; it was almost overwhelming. I got the oh-so-good treat, and it was warm, and soft, and of course cinnamony. I, however, didn't finish the behemoth of a dessert, but it was good anyways. It was a long time coming, and it definitely filled that void in my life, as it were.

This was then followed by more walking, and I even took the stairs to walk off some of that Cinnabon (mmm...Cinnabon). I found out that they have one of those glass elevators, just like the mall my grandma took us to when she lived near Atlanta. I didn't indulge in that, however, since I wanted to get as much walking in as possible. I looked at a few more stores, but quickly got hungry once again! I did have that taste of sugar in my mouth, which isn't appetizing after the fact. I needed something to counteract that, so I got a little box of Chick-fil-A nuggets. Boy did that hit the spot! That was enough as far as eating, so I went back to walking around.

This time I only walked around for 10-15 minutes, and I decided that it was time to head back. I had, after all, been there for almost three hours, so I had been there long enough. When I walked outside, I found out that it had hailed or sleeted while I was inside, which was a surprise to me! I drove back here, and relaxed for the rest of the night (until it was cleaning and laundry time). All in all, a very nice and enjoyable day.

Well, that's really all I have to report for now. There will be a few things going on this week that I can write about later, but I will try to do that tomorrow or Wednesday. For now, it's time to look over the procedure for tomorrow's Chemistry Lab, and do a Pre-Lab write-up. Until next time, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I hope you also have a very productive week.

12 comments:

EZ Travel said...

I have a friend that thinks the Cinnabons are full of chemicals. She said anything that smells that good could not be natural; they must be pumping it full of something to make it smell that good. Yeah, butter!

Gretchen said...

I like my Cinnabon with coffee, I love both the smells, the tastes not so much.

(In case you're wondering I am Jackson's favorite aunt)

paulette said...

Boy, do I miss youth. When rain, snow, sleet and walking were no hinderence. Lucky for me I still can remember those times. When that part goes too, just shoot me.

KathrynVH said...

Wow, I thought I was the only person who could make going to a new mall a tourist attraction. There is a very cool mall North of Fort Worth Texas that I spent a very enjoyable day last November wondering through. Then my office is next to a mall which I love too. I am content with the smell of Cinnabons and have no interest in eating that stuff--I know from experience that the cake is not nearly as good as it smells. BTW, I am Jackson's favorite aunt--don't let Gretchen fool you.

Adrienne said...

Speaking as Jackson's favorite Aunt, I am curious as to which idiot thought of ruining a perfectly yummy cinnamon bun by putting cream cheese on it? Yuck!

Tim B. said...

Kathy, I believe, has Jackson's favorite ants. bwa ha ha! jk.

I had a Cinnabon once. It was a let down, but the smell continues to entice.

Anonymous said...

There is no question that the Cinabon smells great, it also looks great. And here is where we must stop, it is not necessary to actually eat one. Visual and smell are enough. A bottle of perfume smells good but you do not drink it. A piece of art looks good but you do not eat it. those who do not understand this concept are doomed to be heavy. Why does anybody care who Jackson likes best?

Tim B. said...

Out to make friends, are we???

paulette said...

My first encounter with a cinnabon was at the airport. I was with Bill. He polished that sucker off in three bites. I never had a desire to eat one.

Tim, I always liked you (even when you were Timmy) but you are rapidly achieving "Most Favored Nephew" status.

Sean M. said...

Just to clarify for everyone out there, I don't "enjoy" the Cinnabon often at all. In the last year, I have probably had one two or three times, so this is definitely not something I do all the time. I just wanted to clarify that, since now I have realized that in my post, I may have hinted at the fact that I am "obsessed." I am in fact NOT obsessed, and this is only a special occasion thing.

To Grandpa, I do remember that Cinnabon philosophy of yours, and that is what I was referring to in my post. I have resolved to follow that philosophy from now on, and just smell the Cinnabons! Get thee behind me Temptation!

EZ Travel said...

I love all the comment love being shared. But, of course, who Jackson likes best is of utmost importance. The favorite Great Uncle category just got more interesting.

Gretchen said...

As probably the heaviest poster here I would like to clarify that I don't eat cinnabons or drink coffee. Hence the reference that I like my Cinnabons with coffee. I enjoy both the smells, it's the taste I don't enjoy. And taste is what I eat for, hence I am doomed to be heavy. But that's okay since Jackson really does like me best.