Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pictures of Spring Snow

As promised, I walked around campus a little after I ate my lunch, and then later after dinner, and got some really good pictures of the snow. As we speak, there are still some flurries around, but I don't think we'll have the more than 5 inches that they were forecasting at one time. We have gotten around 3-4, which is still fine with me! Just to clarify, the first four pictures are from this afternoon and the last few are from this evening. So, without further ado, here are the pictures:

:What used to be the start of a beautiful Spring has now been covered up by the Winter weather. These are the tree and daffodils in front of the Student Center.

:This is another picture from around the Student Center. I'm looking off toward Dana Avenue, where a lot of the neighborhood houses are located. Very nice...

:I decided to walk around a little bit and looked down upon the baseball field with all the little "X" flags. I just thought that was a neat picture with the snow-covered field.

:For this picture, I was actually behind my dorm building. This is looking across Victory Parkway at the wooded hill area. (Just ignore the blue sign that says "Jesuit Residence"...)

:After dinner I went walking around, and this is over behind one of the other dorms. This is some of the only "undisturbed" snow on campus, and it measured almost 4 inches!

:I just wanted to take a couple of pictures of my car covered in snow! Obviously this isn't a normal occurrence, so I just wanted to see what it looked like...

:Just so you know, I'm not obsessed with my car! I was just so happy to see it covered in four inches of snow, that I just had to take pictures!

So, here's just a little update since my post this morning. We have had around three and a half to four inches of snow so far (according to my own personal snow depth test, which I took in the "undisturbed" snow), and there are still some flurries as we speak. I don't expect there to be any more accumulations, and I'm sure classes will be on for tomorrow. In other news, I have come to the conclusion that in "winter" there is nothing more beautiful than a nice snowfall, even in a hustling, bustling city like Cincinnati.

Well, that's all for now, so I hope you enjoyed the pictures! I know I enjoyed taking them, so I hope those of you who aren't experiencing snow can take in some of the beauty I attempted to capture. Until next time, I hope everyone can have a safe and productive week.

2 comments:

EZ Travel said...

The pictures are great. We haven't had any real snow since before Christmas. I think we may be done for the year.

paulette said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, snow is beautiful, but I felt a little violated when there was snow on my new car this morning.